Cygnus 4+ General Purpose
ultrasonic thickness gauge
The Cygnus 4PLUS is a small and tough multi-mode ultrasonic thickness gauge which features an A-scan display and simple to use sequential data logging.
Designed for the harshest of environments, with a simple to use keypad, intuitive menus and a colour LCD display which can be viewed in all lighting conditions.
The twin shot injection moulded enclosure has a soft but durable TPE outer skin which is comfortable to hold and protects against bumps while the hard internal shell offers maximum strength and environmental protection certified to the demanding US MIL STD 810G standard.
The unit still relies on Multiple-Echo to provide simple and accurate measurements, with the added benefit of Echo-Echo and Single-Echo using twin crystal probes for extreme corrosion. Echo-Echo for measurements on painted metals but with heavy back wall corrosion / pitting and Single-Echo for measurements on uncoated surfaces with heavy front face and/or back-wall corrosion and attenuative materials such as cast metals or plastics / composites.
Cygnus 4PLUS UT gauge; padded carry case; operating manual; adjustable neck strap and loops; wrist strap; accessory pouch; spare membranes; surface and membrane couplant; test block; 3 x AA batteries; mini USB - USB cable and instruction manual optional Krusell® belt clip.
- Multiple-Echo for reliable, accurate through coating measurements
- Single-Echo and Echo-Echo measuring modes with twin crystal probes for extreme corrosion and back wall pitting
- A-scan display
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) used in Single-Echo and Echo-Echo measurement modes
- Simple linear data logging
- Large bright colour LCD screen with back light
- Deep-coat mode, measure through coatings up to 20 mm thick
- Wrist mountable
- Min/max measurement limit functions with visual and vibrate alert
- Intuitive easy to use menu
- Extremely rugged enclosure – shock and impact to US MIL STD 810G
- Environmental sealing to IP67 – US MIL STD 810G
- Cygnus echo strength bars to assist quick measurements
- Buttons integral with the TPE moulding and designed for minimum 100,000 depressions.
Data Logging Key Features:
- Versatile data logging which allows measurements and A-scans to be saved
- 5,000 measurement points (including A-scan) per record
- Records are saved to a removable SD card
- Selectable auto-log feature
- Records easily transferred via gauge USB port to CygLink software where they can be exported to a .CSV file or a PDF report.
|Materials||Sound velocities between 2000 - 9000 m/s - covers virtually all common engineering materials|
|Accuracy||±0.1 mm or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure|
|Resolution||Multiple-Echo mode - 0.1 mm or 0.05 mm
Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes - 0.01 mm
|Probes||Single crystal probes:
Twin crystal probes:
|Measurement Range in Steel||Single crystal probes in Multiple-Echo:
Twin crystal probes in Single-Echo:
Twin crystal probes in Echo-Echo:
|Connector||Twin Lemo 00|
|Power||3 x AA batteries|
|Battery Life||10 hours minimum|
|Electronics||Dual channel pulser|
|Display||2.4" quarter VGA LCD|
|Size||132 x 82 x 34 mm|
|Weight||300 grams (inc. batteries)|
|Operating Temp.||-10°C to 50°C|
|Data Logging||Capacity up to 5000 points including A-scans|
|Computer Software||CygLink allows remote logging and viewing of A-scan graphs.
Survey and report generation to PDF file.
Data can be exported as a .csv file.
Graphic analysis of data and statistical calculations.
Designed for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
|Environmental Rating||IP67 (dust tight and immersion - 1 metre for 30 mins)
MIL STD 810G Method 501.6 (high temp +55°C)
MIL STD 810G Method 502.6 (low temp -20°C)
MIL STD 810G Method 507.6 (humidity 95%)
MIL STD 810G Method 512.6 (immersion - 1 metre for 30 mins)
|Shock and Impact||MIL STD 810G Method 514.7 (vibration - 1 hour each axis)
MIL STD 810G Method 516.7 (shock 20g - 11ms half sine shock pulse, 40g 11ms in each axis)
MIL STD 810G Method 516.7 (26 drops - transit drop 1.22 m)
|Compliance||CE, British Standard BS EN 15317:2013|
|Environmental||RoHS, WEEE compliant|
|Warranty||3 years on gauge and 6 months on probe|
|Cygnus 4+ General Purpose||Reference|
|Cygnus 4+ GENERAL PURPOSE Mk5 Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge Kit||CY-050-4500/5|
|Single Crystal Probes||Reference|
|Probe S2C Single 2.25MHz 13mm with BNC connector||CY-004-9500|
|Probe S2D Single 2.25MHz 19mm with BNC connector||CY-004-9502|
|Probe S3C Single 3.5MHz 13mm with BNC connector||CY-004-9504|
|Probe S5C Single 5MHz 13mm with BNC connector||CY-004-9508|
|Probe Lead Lemo 1 - BNC 1.4m (4'6")||CY-004-0406|
|Probe S5A Single 5MHz 6mm with Single Lemo 00 connector||CY-004-9507|
|Probe Lead Single Lemo 1 - Single Lemo 00 1.35 m (4'6")||CY-004-0401|
|Twin Crystal Probes||Reference|
|Probe T2C Twin 2MHz 13mm (1/2") with Twin Lemo 00 connector||CY-004-9550|
|Probe T5B Twin 5MHz 8mm (1/3") with Twin Lemo 00 connector||CY-004-9555|
|Probe Lead Twin Lemo 00 to Twin Lemo 00 1.35m (4'6")||CY-004-0411|
|Probe T7A Twin 7.5MHz 5mm (3/6") integral cable Twin Lemo 00||CY-004-9575|