software for subsea thickness gauges
CygLink version 4 is a Windows® program for PC's running Windows 7® and above.
It can be used for:
- Logging thickness measurements
- Uploading logged readings from a thickness gauge
It has different functionality depending on which Cygnus thickness gauge it is being used with and how it is being used. This is described in more detail for each gauge type below:
CygLink with the Cygnus DIVE Thickness Gauge
There are two ways CygLink is used with the Cygnus DIVE gauge:
- Logging on a computer at the surface
- To upload readings from a data logging DIVE gauge.
A DIVE ultrasonic thickness gauge can be connected to a computer on the surface with an umbilical cable. With the computer running CygLink, thickness readings and A-scans taken by the gauge can be logged on the computer at the surface.
Thickness measurements can be logged either as a linear list or a two dimensional grid. Reference (original material thickness) and Minimum Thickness Criteria can be set and any measurement below the minimum will be highlighted as red. Comments and notes can be added to each thickness measurement and there is the facility for 8 pre-set comments to be set-up for convenience.
Gauge settings, including the velocity of sound can be controlled from the surface. The software used in this way provides the following functionality:
- Surface display of thickness measurements
- Surface display of A-scan graph
- Logging of the measurement and A-scan
- Surface display of the gauge's battery level
- Remote setting of the velocity of sound
- Remote setting of the units (metric or imperial) Remote control of the Deep Coat function
- Estimation of thickness from A-scan graph and data logging of this estimated thickness value.
Once logged in CygLink the measurements (and A-scans if applicable) can be viewed and analysed. The information can then be printed as a .pdf report or exported to a .csv file.
Data Logging DIVE Thickness Gauge
If the DIVE gauge is a data logging model, measurements can be logged into the gauge memory during the underwater survey. When the gauge is at the surface it is connected to a computer with a USB to Fischer cable (supplied in the gauge kit), and the readings are then uploaded into the CygLink software installed on a computer.
Once in CygLink the readings (and A-scans if applicable) can be viewed and analysed. The information can then be printed as a .pdf report or exported to a .csv file.
|Cygnus CygLink Data Logging Software for Cygnus DIVE||CY-001-7219/1|
|Cygnus CygLink Data Logging Software for Cygnus UW||CY-001-7133B|
|Umbilical cable for DIVE / UW / ROV to Topside (per metre)||CY-001-0415|