Cygnus Heavy Duty
ultrasonic thickness gauge
Cygnus Instruments have designed the Cygnus Heavy Duty ultrasonic thickness gauge for use in tough and demanding environments where a rugged construction is essential to accurately gauge corrosion measurement and determine metal thickness without having to remove protective coatings.
The Cygnus Heavy Duty is dirt resistant, dust resistant and water resistant. Its shock-proof construction takes into account the unstable environments in which corrosion thickness measurements and structural inspections are performed, resulting in a metal thickness gauge that is able to withstand accidental drops, bangs and knocks.
The Cygnus Heavy Duty is supplied ready to use as a complete kit in a protective carry case.
- Corrosion checks on ships' shell plates, bulkheads and structures
- Maintenance and safety checks on bridges and street lighting columns
- Metal thickness monitoring on cranes, marine structures and conveying systems
- Metal thickness safety checks on steam and pressurised water systems, transportable gas containers and compressed air systems
- Quality assurance metal thickness checks
- Systematic wall thickness and corrosion monitoring of storage tanks and process vessels.
Instrument, heavy duty probe (2.25 MHz 13mm diameter), battery pack, spare membranes and 'O' rings, steel test block, calibration trim tool, operation manual and carry case.
- Heavy duty sealed unit - highly water / dirt / dust resistant
- Rugged construction - shock proof
- Stable calibration - linear accuracy - no zero adjustment
- Self verification of the measurements to ensure accuracy
- Various probe options
- Displays sound velocity settings
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement
- Bright LED display with polarised filter
- Probe frequency selectable
- Low battery warning
- Metric / Imperial switchable.
|Materials||Sound velocities between 2000 m/s and 7000 m/s - covers virtually all common engineering materials|
|Measurement Range in Steel||3 mm - 250 mm with 2.25 MHz probe
Down to 2 mm and 1 mm using either a 3.5 MHz or 5 MHz probe respectively
|Accuracy||±0.1 mm (±0.004") or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure|
|Probes||Single crystal soft-faced compression probe
6 mm - 5 MHz
13 mm - 2.25, 3.5 or 5 MHz
19 mm - 2.25 MHz
|Power||3 x 'AA' alkaline batteries|
|Display||Large clear LED display with polarised filter|
|Size||240 mm x 75 mm|
|Weight||886 gms - probe
827 gms - fixed head
|Operating Temp||0°C to +35°C|
|Environmental||RoHS, WEEE compliant|
|Cygnus Heavy Duty||Reference|
|Cygnus HEAVY DUTY UTG Kit with 2.25MHz 13mm Probe||CY-001-7111/4|
|Cygnus HEAVY DUTY UTG Kit, without Probe||CY-001-9911/4|
|Heavy Duty Single Crystal Probes||Reference|
|Probe S2C 2.25 MHz 13 mm (1/2") for Cygnus HEAVY DUTY||CY-001-9330|
|Probe S2D 2.25 MHz 19 mm (3/4") for Cygnus HEAVY DUTY||CY-001-9332|
|Probe S2D 2.25 MHz 19 mm (3/4") for Cygnus HEAVY DUTY||CY-001-9355|
|Probe S5C 5.0 MHz 13 mm (1/2") for Cygnus HEAVY DUTY||CY-001-9334|
|Probe S5A 5.0 MHz 6 mm (1/4") for Cygnus HEAVY DUTY||CY-001-9336|