Cygnus Mini ROV
ultrasonic thickness gauge
The Cygnus Mini ROV Mountable thickness gauge has been specially designed to be mounted onto small observation ROVs with or without a manipulator facility. Built in conjunction with VideoRay, this mountable subsea thickness gauge will allow the operator to carry out an ultrasonic thickness measurement in areas that have previously been infeasible using larger ROVs or divers. The multiple echo thickness gauge measures metal thickness and corrosion without removing protective coatings.
Dedicated software displays the time, date and thickness readings on the surface which can all be stored or logged. Alternatively, an optional Topside Repeater (TSR) is available which has the facility to display the thickness measurements remotely and overlay them on to a video signal. This allows the measurements to be superimposed on the ROV camera's monitor screen.
The unit is pressure tested to 500 m.
- Oil rigs
- Wind turbines
- FPSO underwater.
Cygnus Mini ROV gauge, probe cable with marinised probe (0.95m), sealed 4-way connector with fly lead including 9 way connector, RS-422 to RS-232 converter, test cable, CygLink data logging software, membrane couplant for the UT probe, spare membranes for the UT probe, membrane locking ring key, spare O-Rings for ROV, 15 mm test block, operation manual, carry case, silicone grease and ***optional Topside Repeater with Video Overlay facility kit.
- Designed specifically to mount onto small observation ROV's.
- Supplied with CygLink software to display and log thickness measurements from the ROV on a computer at the surface which can be saved to a file and printed out.
- CygLink has two data logging facilities: Quick Log for simple recording of thickness measurements and Structured mode with four templates available - Single Point, Multi Point, Grid Point and Key Point.
- The Cygnus Top Side Repeater (TSR) is available as an option and has the facility to display the thickness measurements remotely and overlay them on to a video signal. This allows the measurements to be superimposed on the ROV camera's monitor screen.
- Easy calibration at the surface via CygLink software or Top Side Repeater (TSR) unit.
- Optional dedicated probe holder to allow measurements on curved or flat surfaces.
- Only one twisted pair is required to transfer the data to the surface.
|Materials||Sound velocities between 1000 m/s and 9995 m/s|
|Measurement Range in Steel||3 mm - 250 mm with 2.25 MHz probe
2 mm - 150 mm with 3.5 MHz probe
1 mm - 50 mm with 5 MHz probe
|Accuracy||±0.1 mm (±0.004") or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure|
|Probes||Single crystal soft-faced compression
13 mm - 2.25, 3.5 or 5 MHz
|Power||7.0 - 30 V dc @ 150 mA (max)|
|Display||(Not included) PC or Laptop with VGA|
|Size||160 mm x 62 mm|
|Operating Temp||-10 °C to +50 °C|
|Approvals||RINA Type Approved|
|Testing||Tested to 500 m depth|
|Communications||RS-422, Simplex Single Pair, 2400 Baud|
|Compliance||British Standard BS EN 15317:2013|
|Environmental||RoHS, WEEE Compliant|
|Cygnus Mini ROV Mountable||Reference|
|Cygnus MINI 500m ROV UTG Kit with 2.25 MHz 13 mm Probe||CY-001-7144/4|
|Cygnus MINI ROV 500m UTG Kit, without Probe||CY-001-9944/4|
|ROV SC Probes||Reference|
|Probe S2C 2.25MHz 13mm(1/2") for Cygnus Underwater/MINI ROV||CY-001-9340|
|Probe S2D 2.25MHz 19mm for Cygnus MINI ROV MOUNTABLE||CY-003-9410|
|Probe S2C 2.25MHz 13mm for G1 & MINI ROV (1m cable)||CY-001-8354|
|Probe S2C 2.25MHz 13mm for S1 & MINI ROV (1m cable)||CY-001-8334|
|ROV Mountable Handlers||Reference|
|Cygnus G1 Inspection ROV PROBE HANDLER, without Probe||CY-001-8351|
|Cygnus S1 Hull Inspection ROV PROBE HANDLER, without Probe||CY-001-8331|