ultrasonic thickness gauge
Specifically designed for underwater remotely operated vehicles, Cygnus offer two dedicated ROV Mountable thickness gauges, the M5-ROV-2K - 2,000 m depth rated, and the M5-ROV-4K - 4,000 m depth rated. These mountable measurement gauges again benefit from the multiple-echo technology found in all our ultrasonic measuring devices. They are truly versatile and designed to measure metal thickness through coatings in the harshest operating conditions.
Dedicated software reveals the date, time and thickness readings on the surface which may be logged or stored. In addition, a Topside Repeater (TSR) is available providing the ability to present the thickness measurements remotely and overlay them on to a video signal. This permits the measurements to be superimposed on the ROV camera's monitor screen.
- Oil rigs
- Wind turbines
- FPSO underwater.
Cygnus ROV gauge, power and data cable connector, probe cable with marinised probe (5m), 'K3' RS-422 to RS-232 converter, RS-232 to USB converter, CygLink data logging software, membrane couplant for the UT probe, spare membranes for the UT probe, membrane locking ring key, spare O-Rings for ROV, 15 mm test block, Spare 1A fuses, 3 mm allen key, silicone grease and ***optional Topside Repeater with Video Overlay facility kit.
- Available in two models: M5-ROV-2K 2,000 m depth rated and M5-ROV-4K 4,000 m depth rated.
- The Cygnus Topside Repeater (TSR) is available as an option and has the facility to display the thickness measurements remotely and overlay them on to a video signal. This allows the measurements to be superimposed on the ROV camera's monitor screen.
- Selectable Deep Coat mode for measuring through coatings up to 20 mm thick.
- Supplied with CygLink software to display and log thickness measurements from the ROV on a computer at the surface which can be saved to a file and printed out.
- CygLink has two data logging facilities: Quick Log for simple recording of thickness measurements and Structured mode with four templates available - Single Point, Multi Point, Grid Point and Key Point.
- The ROV Gauge sends thickness measurement data to the surface via an RS-422 serial link, Cygnus can supply the RS-422 umbilical cable up to 1,200 m in length. For longer distances the ROV Gauge can output data in RS-232 mode.
- Fitted with a safety Pressure Relief Valve and Securing Eye.
- Easy calibration at the surface via CygLink software or Topside Repeater (TSR) unit.
- Removable end plate for full serviceability with access to the Option Switches, Fuse and Status LED.
- Wet mateable 'MC' style underwater connectors.
|Materials||Sound velocities between 1000 m/s to 9995 m/s|
|Measurement Range in Steel||3 mm - 250 mm with 2.25 MHz probe
2 mm - 150 mm with 3.5 MHz probe
1 mm - 50 mm with 5 MHz probe
|Accuracy||±0.1 mm (±0.004") or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure|
|Probes||Single crystal soft-faced compression
13 mm - 2.25, 3.5 or 5 MHz
|Power||7.0 - 30 V dc @ 150 mA (max)|
|Size||88.90 mm x 205 mm (including fittings)|
|Weight||Model M5-ROV-2K = 0.975 kg
Model M5-ROV-4K = 4.100 kg
|Operating Temp||-10 °C to +50 °C|
|Testing||Model M5-ROV-2K tested to 3 km depth
Model M5-ROV-4K tested to 6 km depth
|Communications||RS-422 Simplex Single Pair or RS-232 TXD 2400 or 9600 Baud|
|Compliance||British Standard BS EN 15317:2013|
|Environmental||RoHS, WEEE Compliant|
|Cygnus ROV Mountable||Reference|
|Cygnus M5-ROV-2K 2000m ROV UTG Kit with 2.25MHz 13mm Probe||CY-001-7149/5|
|Cygnus M5-ROV-2K 2000m ROV UTG Kit, without Probe||CY-001-9949/5|
|Cygnus M5-ROV-4K 4000m ROV UTG Kit with 2.25MHz 13mm Probe||CY-001-7145/5|
|Cygnus M5-ROV-4K 4000m ROV UTG Kit, without Probe||CY-001-9945/5|
|ROV SC Probes||Reference|
|Probe S2C 2.25MHz 13mm for Cygnus ROV 2/4km (5m cable)||CY-001-9393|
|Probe S2C 2.25MHz 13mm for Cygnus ROV 2/4km (cust length)||CY-001-9394|
|Probe S2D 2.25MHz 19mm for Cygnus ROV 2/4km (5m cable)||CY-001-9395|
|Probe S2C 2.25MHz 13mm for W1 & ROV MOUNTABLE 2/4km 5m Cable||CY-001-8318|
|Probe S2C 2.25MHz 13mm for G1 & ROV MOUNTABLE 2/4km 1m Cable||CY-001-8355|
|Probe S2C 2.25MHz 13mm for S1 & ROV MOUNTABLE 2/4km 1m Cable||CY-001-8335|
|ROV Mountable Handlers||Reference|
|Cygnus G1 Inspection ROV PROBE HANDLER, without Probe||CY-001-8351|
|Cygnus S1 Hull Inspection ROV PROBE HANDLER, without Probe||CY-001-8331|
|Cygnus W1 Work Class ROV PROBE HANDLER, less Probe & Handle||CY-001-8311|
|Fishtail Manipulator Handle for Cygnus W1 PROBE HANDLER||CY-001-8316|
|3/4" T Bar Manipulator Handle for Cygnus W1 PROBE HANDLER||CY-001-8314|
|1/2" T-Bar Manipulator Handle for Cygnus W1 PROBE HANDLER||CY-001-8315|