underwater thickness gauge
The Cygnus Underwater is the original diver held subsea multiple echo Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge. It was designed for use by divers undertaking subsea maintenance and surveys 3 decades ago… and today it is still the industry standard.
The unit is depth rated to 300 metres and it provides an accurate metal thickness measurement through coatings up to 20mm thick. The bright LED display ensures easy viewing even in poor visibility conditions.
The Underwater Thickness Gauge is supplied ready to use as a complete kit with 2 rechargeable batteries in a protective carry case.
- Maintenance and safety checks on bridges
- Metal thickness / wear checks on jetties, dock gates, piers and piling systems.
- Metal thickness and corrosion checks on offshore structures and ships
- Safety corrosion monitoring of pipelines and storage vessels
- Ships classification surveys.
Instrument, heavy duty probe (2.25 MHz 13 mm diameter), 2 rechargeable batteries and battery charger, spare membranes and 'O' rings, steel test block, lanyard, operation manual and carry case.
- RINA approved (Certificate No. 2009DGPO787)
- Auto - Probe Recognition (APR)
- "Deep-Coat" mode for measuring through coatings up to 20 mm thick
- Easy calibration using convenient buttons
- Rugged, durable, shock-proof construction
- Stable calibration - linear accuracy - no zero adjustment
- Large bright LED display for poor visibility
- Pressure rated to 300 m depth
- Heavy duty sealed unit with double 'O' ring protection
- Self verification of measurements to ensure accuracy
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement
- All probes are protected by a membrane to prevent damage
- Various probe options
- Two rechargeable battery packs with charger
- Fixed head probe option for single handed use.
|Materials||Sound velocities between 2000 m/s and 7000 m/s - covers virtually all common engineering materials|
|Measurement Range in Steel||3 mm - 250 mm with 2.25 MHz probe
2 mm - 150 mm with 3.5 MHz probe
1 mm - 50 mm with 5 MHz probe
|Accuracy||0.1 mm when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedures|
|Resolution||0.1 mm or 0.05 mm (selectable)|
|Probes||Single crystal soft-faced compression
6 mm - 5 MHz
13 mm - 2.25, 3.5 or 5 MHz
19 mm - 2.25 MHz
|Power||NiMH rechargeable battery pack|
|Battery Life||30 hours (continuously measuring)|
|Display||Large, bright LED display|
|Size||235 mm x 75 mm|
|Weight||950 g - with probe
860 g - with fixed head probe
|Operating Temp||-10°C to +50°C|
|Environmental Protection||IPX8 continuous 300 m rating|
|Compliance||CE, British Standard BS EN 15317:2013|
|Environmental||RoHS, WEEE compliant|
|Cygnus UNDERWATER UTG Upgradeable Kit inc 2.25MHz 13mm Probe||CY-001-7133/4|
|Cygnus UNDERWATER UTG Upgradeable Kit, without Probe||CY-001-9933/4|
|Cygnus Underwater SC Probes||Reference|
|Probe S2C 2.25MHz 13mm(1/2") for Cygnus Underwater/MINI ROV||CY-001-9340|
|Probe S2D 2.25MHz 19mm(3/4") for Cygnus Underwater||CY-001-9341|
|Probe S3C 3.5MHz 13mm(1/2") for Cygnus Underwater||CY-001-9357|
|Probe S5C 5.0MHz 13mm(1/2") for Cygnus Underwater||CY-001-9342|
|Probe S5A 5.0MHz 6mm(1/4") for Cygnus Underwater||CY-001-9343|
|Fixed Head Probe 2.25MHz 13mm (1/2") for Cygnus Underwater||CY-001-9320|