multibeam imaging sonar
The Gemini 720i multibeam imaging sonar for real-time, high-speed imagery.
Gemini 720i provides real-time, crisp imagery of the underwater scene ahead and with a wide 120° field of view, it is ideal technology for applications including obstacle avoidance and target detection.
Gemini 720i features a 720kHz operating frequency and state-of-the-art processing electronics; an integrated sound velocity sensor assists in providing the sharpest image possible, with accurate ranging.
The sonar head weighs just over 1kg in water and is designed to be easily installed onto a variety of underwater vehicles and platforms such as Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), through the use of Ethernet or VDSL communications. The sonar is also suitable for very small ROVs and Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Due to the compact size of the sonar, Gemini 720i can also be deployed via a pole-mount assembly (customer supplied).
The Gemini 720i multibeam sonar is also available in a 4,000m depth rated model for deepwater operations.
- Provides crisp, clear, wide angle field of view in low visibility environments
- Real-time imagery increases target acquisition and aids in navigation
- Easier interpretation of sonar imagery and identification of targets at a longer range
- Lightweight, compact, robust design for ease of vehicle
- Flexible interfacing for ROVs/ AUVs
- 720kHz operating frequency
- 120° field of view
- Integrated velocimeter for accurate ranging
- Weighs only 1.2kg in water
- Interfaced with either Ethernet or VDSL
- Display data via Tritech's SeaNet Pro or Gemini's standalone software
- Software Development Kit available
|Angular Resolution||1.0° acoustic, 0.5° effective|
|Transducer Angle||10° downward tilt|
|Number of Beams||256|
|Range||0.2m to 120m|
|Power Consumption||35W maximum (range dependent, head unit only)|
|Supply Voltage||20 - 75V DC|
|Communications Protocols||Ethernet (up to 80m) or VDSL (up to 1000m)|
|Depth Rating||300 m|
|Weight||3,9 Kg in air (1,2 Kg in water)|
|Operationg temperature||-10º to +35º C|
|Storage temperature||-20º to +50º C|
|Tritech Gemini 720i Sonar (Conector Impulse)||TR-S08801|
|Gemini Ethernet I/F Kit-Basic (Burton)||TR-S08815B-ETH-KIT|
|Gemini VDSL I/F Kit-Basic (Burton)||TR-S08802B-VDSL-KIT|
|Gemini Ethernet I/F Kit-Basic (Impulse)||TR-S08815I-ETH-KIT|
|Gemini VDSL I/F Kit-Basic (Impulse)||TR-S08802I-VDSL-KIT|